Smoked Meatball Sandwiches are made with the most indulgent smoked meatballs (which are also great served alone)! Top this meatball sandwich with smoked marinara sauce and melty cheese for an amazing dinner.
FOR THE MEATBALLS
► 3 pieces of bacon
► 1 lb ground beef We love Snake River Farms Ground Beef
► 1 lb ground pork We use Snake River Farms Kurobuta Pork
► 1 1/2 cups dense bread, shredded into crumbs
► 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
► ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
► 3 tablespoons olive oil
► 3 cloves garlic, chopped
► 1 tablespoon salt
► 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
FOR 1 SANDWICH
► Sub Roll
► ¼ cup marinara sauce (we use smoked marinara, see notes)
► 3-4 smoked meatballs
► ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded shredded
Instructions FOR THE SMOKED MEATBALLS
1. Preheat smoker to 250 degrees F, using fruit wood.
2. In a food processor add the bacon and pulse a few times, until the bacon turns into a paste.
3. In a large bowl combine the bacon and the remainder of the meatball ingredients and mix well. Roll into 2-inch balls.
4. Place the meatballs directly on the smoker until internal temperature reads 165 degrees using a digital thermometer.
5. In a medium saucepan, bring the marinara sauce to a simmer. Gently add the meatballs to the sauce to warm up.
6. Turn oven broiler on to high heat.
7. Load up your bun with the sauce and 3-4 meatballs. Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Place under the broiler for 2-4 minutes, until the cheese melts and bread starts to get toasty. Remove, dive in and enjoy!